- 2020 Annual Conference
- Past Presentations
- Ask The Expert Series
This policy is designed to inform members and affiliates about CTTC’s practices regarding collection, use and disclosure of information that may be provided to CTTC.
1. Commitment to Privacy: CTTC is committed to controlling the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided by its members and affiliates.
4. Collection: Personal information is collected by CTTC only when individuals specifically and knowingly provide it to CTTC, such as when individuals become members of CTTC or choose to receive information, products or services from CTTC. CTTC may also receive personal information from other organizations or third parties provided that such third parties confirm to CTTC that they have obtained consent to the disclosure of personal information. Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered personal information.
5. Use: CTTC uses personal information for the following purposes:
6. Disclosure: CTTC discloses personal information to the following parties and in the following circumstances:
7. Accuracy: CTTC will make reasonable efforts to ensure personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Members and affiliates are expected to inform CTTC of any change of name, address or other information. In the event that a member has questions about the accuracy of factual information collected, the member will have access to verify and update the information. If inaccurate information has been disclosed to a third party, CTTC will contact the third party to correct the information.
9. Principles of Fair Information Practices: CTTC adheres by the following principles of fair information practices:
10. CTTC shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
11. CTTC shall make readily available to its members specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.